Monday, January 12, 2009

A day late and a dollar short.

Whew, was that a whole year that just went by? I need to let you guys know what an awesome year we had in 08! I don't remember any of it, but my kids tell me it was great. No, I really do have some of the most incredible memories from this past year.

We started the year shooting and we ended the year shooting, and I think there may have been a little shooting in the middle there somewhere. We shot right at 30 weddings this past year, and that's exactly what we were aiming for...so that was cool. For me some of my best shots were from engagement shoots. I LOVE SHOOTING ENGAGED COUPLES! We just have so much fun. I just want to say to all of you that I have the priviledge of calling my clients...you guys make me look good, you make my job easy, and you all enable us to keep doing this year after year. Thank You!

What about the little stinkers? We managed to travel a lot with and without the girls...so that was good. We got to sail a lot together...that was sweet. We are putting together a larger trip for this summer, but we'll see what kinda sailor Riley turns into this year. Our lives are so much the richer for being able to be home everyday with our children. Who deserves that priviledge?...I DON'T! Syd and Riles make the summers bearable (Kelly helps the bearabilty , too), and they always greet me with open arms after a long wedding. They are all my reasons. (A Beautiful Mind)

Kelly seems to have survived the year with only minor scratches, and is super stoked about this upcoming season (weddings.) Have I ever told you what a incredible album designer she is? Seriously folks we don't put our albums into competitions, because we don't want to embarrasse anyone. She is world class. Kell does twice as much work as I do, and gets half the praise. I dedicate the success of 2008 to my wife who is so much more than the epoxy that holds the ship together.

I also want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who keeps me and protects me and my family year after year. He is the friend I can count on when all others are sick and tired of me. I know that I am doing what I should be doing...what I was put on this earth to do...and that is good feeling. I am so blessed.

So what about me? I am growing...my mind is growing, my heart is growing, my abilities are growing, my friends are growing, my family is growing, and my server is growing...we shoot too many images, and we need more space! This will be a year of growth, and I am excited.

So I know this was a belated post, but I'm lazy. Here's to a fantastic 2009!